San Antonio is a great city to call home and raise a family or build a business. Many of our customers come to us with one concern; increasing the energy savings in their home or business office. As a small business we understand the concern you have when it comes to expenses.
No matter if it’s your family home or your office location you want to reduce costs. One of the easiest and less expensive ways to increase energy savings is with proper insulation. We use superior quality insulation to either perform a fresh install or replace old and damaged insulation. Superior insulation is key to energy savings for your home. Our insulation comes with a 50 year warranty! The insulation warranty is testament to the superior quality.
Should you choose lesser quality insulation you’re actually not saving as much and potentially throwing away a great deal of money. We understand that home owners and business offices are cash conscious when it comes to insulation projects. It’s our goal to ensure your energy savings are maximized and worth while. There’s no point in spending a little to save a little. The biggest benefits are when you install superior quality insulation correctly the first time.
Insulation installs in San Antonio are one of the rare home improvements that pay for themselves over time. Over time you will realize the energy savings in the form of lower heating and cooling bills. In fact, if you qualify for CPS Energy Attic Insulation Rebates you’ll enjoy energy savings and cash savings!
Once you begin thinking about home improvement in these terms you’ll truly enjoy the investments in energy saving projects for your home or office. Insulation is certainly a type of investment in your home or office. The quality should be superior and make your property stand out amongst your neighbors. It’s just that simple.
Let’s take a look at the current CPS Attic Insulation Rebate Guidelines from their website:
- Rebate of $0.25 per square foot of treated attic floor area.
- Attic insulation must be installed between conditioned (air conditioned living area below ceiling) and unconditioned areas (attic) to qualify.
- If there is more than 24 inches of attic clearance before the new insulation is installed, the final insulation must be at least R-38.
- Existing attic insulation must be no greater than R-14.
- If there is less than 24 inches of attic clearance before the new insulation is installed, the final insulation level must be at least R-19.
- Existing attic insulation for low ceilings must be no greater than R-11.
- The current insulation level of each home will be determined and documented by the installer. Degradation due to age and density of the existing insulation should be taken into account.
- All insulation must be new materials and have R-value stated on the packaging material. Garages and other non-living areas do not qualify.
- Attach an itemized and dated invoice from the contractor or retailer (include insulation manufacturer, type and square feet) along with your application form.
- The final insulation level of each home will be determined and documented by the insulation installer. Square footage measurements will be verified against Bexar County property tax records, or inspected by a CPS Energy inspector.
- Funding for this program is limited to funds availability.
- The measure must be installed in a home served by CPS Energy between January 1, 2013 and December 31, 2013.
- The completed application form, together with the itemized receipt detailing the work completed, must be received by December 31, 2013 to be eligible.
- Applications must be received within 30 days of completion of projects.
One highly overlooked energy savings investment is your heating and air conditioner. While insulation and radiant barrier will slide your energy bill, it’s only half the battle. A modern high efficiency HVAC system will improve your energy savings and help your insulation perform to specifications.
Again, it’s one of those things where you get what you pay for. Ideally you’ll either maintain or install a TRANE AC and furnace. Trane is a superior brand! The other part of this equation is having a reputable San Antonio heating and air conditioning company install and service your equipment. One of San Antonio’s oldest, most reliable, and highly reputable air conditioner and furnace service companies is TASCO Air Conditioning.
Your savings will be amazing with superior insulation installed by Rhino Energy Solutions and a high efficiency system installed and serviced by TASCO.